- Controls, Transmits and Displays
- Non-Contacting Ultrasonic Sensor
- New Dual-Technology Feature- Redundant Level Sensor Input
- 6 Relays for Pump Control, Pump Alternation and Level Alarms
- Isolated 4-20mA output
- Built-in 5-Key Calibrator
- Logs and Displays Relay Run Times
Greyline Industrial Equipments
PSL 5.0 Hybrid Pump Station Level Controller
New Pump and Lift Station Level Controller
Ideal for sewage pump stations, lift stations, wet wells and tank level control with a non-contacting ultrasonic sensor mounted above the liquid. The new Greyline PSL 5.0 Level Controller has 6 independently programmable control relays for pump or valve control, level alarms, dialers, temperature alarm and echo-loss alarm.
Mount the non-contacting, ultrasonic sensor in the tank or wet well and install the watertight electronics in the control room or any location within 500 ft / 150 m. Use the simple menu system and built-in keypad to set up measurement range, relay set points and pump alternation sequence. A relay/pump run time report is updated and stored automatically for viewing on the PSL 5.0 backlit LCD display.
For hazardous locations, the ultrasonic sensor is rated Intrinsically Safe with an optional safety barrier. It is rated for measurement ranges up to 32 ft / 10 m, or use the optional PVC Sensor rated for 50 ft / 15.6 m measurement range.
New Dual-Technology Sensor Feature for Redundant Level Monitoring
Connect a submersible pressure sensor or other 4-20mA level transmitter to the PSL 5.0 for fail-safe hybrid sensing. The PSL 5.0 will auto-calibrate the redundant sensor and if signal is lost to the ultrasonic sensor, the redundant sensor will seamlessly take over monitoring until signal resumes from the ultrasonic. The redundant sensor is continuously monitored to ensure availability during primary sensor failure.
Hybrid PSL 5.0 Solves Echo Loss Callouts
Sewage lift stations at the Town of Eckville Alberta were plagued by callout alarms from ultrasonic level controllers as foam and grease covered the water surface and caused echo loss. Operators installed new Greyline PSL 5.0 Pump Station Level Controllers with redundant sensors to solve the problem.
Contact Greyline Instruments for specific recommendations in your application.
PUMP STATION LEVEL CONTROLLER SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE:This specification covers a non-contacting ultrasonic Pump Station Level Controller as manufactured by Greyline Instruments, Massena New York / Long Sault, Ontario. This instrument shall provide for indicating, transmitting of wet well or tank level, and control of up to six pumps or alarms.
- Pump Station Level Controller to consist of an non-contacting ultrasonic sensor, connecting cable, and a remote enclosure with indicating, transmitting and controlling electronics.
- Measurement accuracy shall be ±0.25% of Range or 2 mm (0.08"), whichever is greater, and shall be automatically temperature compensated.
- Sensor cable length shall be as required by installation, not to exceed 500' (152 m).
- System shall have no moving parts and shall not contact the material being measured.
- Shall include a built-in keypad and simple menu system for calibration.
- Shall include a non-contacting ultrasonic level sensor plus hybrid sensor function for dual-technology redundant level sensing with input from a 4-20mA level transmitter.
- Non-contacting ultrasonic sensor shall be constructed of PVC.
- The sensor shall have a minimum deadband or blanking of 16" (407 mm) and a maximum range of 32 ft. (10 m), and have an operating frequency of 46 kHz with an ultrasonic beam angle of 8 Degrees.
- Sensor shall withstand accidental submersion to 20 psi.
- Sensor operating temperature shall be from -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 65°C).
- Sensor shall include integral temperature sensor. Temperature sensors requiring separate mounting and wire runs shall not be accepted.
- Sensor cable shall be installed in plastic or grounded metal conduit.
SENSOR CONNECTING CABLE
- Provide RG62AU coaxial cable 25' (7.6m) continuous length, with waterproof, potted bond to the Sensor head.
- Extended sensor cable shall be RG62AU coaxial to a maximum of 500' (152m). Cable shall be spliced with screw terminal connections in manufacturer's recommended Junction Box.
- Level and temperature signals shall be conducted on one single coaxial cable. Separate or multiple-conductor cables shall not be accepted.
- The Pump Station Level Controller shall accept 4-20mA input from an external level transmitter for redundancy. The redundant sensor shall be continuously auto-calibrated by the Pump Station Level Controller’s ultrasonic sensor.
- The transmitter shall provide for password-protected calibration in Range or Level modes and user-selected engineering units. Field calibration shall allow selection and automatic conversion of measurement units, measurement span and control relays. Systems requiring calibration by Parameter codes, BCD switches or external calibrators shall not be accepted.
- The transmitter power input shall be 100-240VAC 50/60Hz requiring less than 3 Watts.
- Calibration data and instrument settings shall be stored through power interruptions for a minimum of 12 months.
- Transmitter shall permit field programmable damping to smooth output in turbulent level conditions, and programmable rejection time to disregard false signals from turbulence, waves and spurious echoes.
- Transmitter operating temperature shall be from -5° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C).
- Transmitter operating temperature shall be from -5° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C).
- Provide 6 Form 'C' dry contact control relays rated 5 ampere SPDT. Relays shall be individually programmable for High or Low level alarms, dual set point pump control, pump alternation, sensor temperature alarm and echo loss alarm. Relays shall permit user-adjustable On time delay settings to prevent pump or motor power surges. Relays may be individually configured to hold state, energize or de-energize in the event of an echo-loss condition.
- Provide a white, backlit LCD display indicating level and relay states in user-selected engineering units.
- Transmitter display indicating level, units of calibration and relay states, shall be visible without opening the instrument cover.
- The instrument shall include a relay run time reporting system and display hours of pump, alarm and failsafe sensor operation on the backlit LCD display.
- Transmitter shall be housed in a wall-mount, watertight NEMA4X (IP 66) polycarbonate enclosure with hinged, clear cover. Mounting hardware shall be included.
- Transmitter electronics shall be surge protected on AC power input, sensor and 4-20mA outputs.
- The transmitter shall permit plug-in field installation and auto-detection of optional accessories including data logger.
OPTIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION AS REQUIRED
- Sensor, connecting cable and junction boxes shall be rated intrinsically safe to Class I,II,III, Div. I,II, Groups C,D,E,F,G.
- Have a thermostat controlled enclosure heater for Transmitter operation at temperatures below freezing.
- Have an all-Teflon sensor Model PZ32TE rated intrinsically safe when connected through an approved safety barrier, and rated for operation from -40°F to 170°F (-40°C to 76°C).
- Have a PVC and Teflon sensor Model PZ56 rated for measurement range on liquids up to 50 ft. (15.6 m).
- Have a Teflon-faced flange mount sensor model PZ34TxF rated for 32 ft (10 m) measurement range. Specify flange size of 4” or 6”.
- Have a redundant submersible pressure transducer with 40 ft (12 m) cable rated for 35 ft (10 m) water depth.
- Have manufacturer's recommended enclosure sunscreen to permit Transmitter mounting in direct sunlight.
- Have manufacturer's recommended Sensor sunscreen to permit temperature-compensated Sensor mounting in direct sunlight.
- Have manufacturer's recommended Panel Mount Flange assembly for enclosure installation.
- Have a built-in 2 million point Data Logger with USB output to flash drive or mass storage device. Include Windows software.
- Have power input of 9-32VDC and power consumption of less than 3.5 Watts.
- Pump Station Level Controller shall be model PSL 5.0 as manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc. and shall be warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.