- Optimized for Slurries
- Easy, Intuitive Set-Up
- 5 Button Menu System
- Isolated 4-20mA Output
- Up to 6 Control Relays
- Optional Built In Data Logger
Greyline Industrial Equipments
SFM 6.1 Ultrasonic Slurry Flow Meter
The Greyline SFM 6.1 was specifically developed for the slurry applications found in today’s coal fired power plants. Using a proprietary algorithm specifically designed for measuring slurry flow, the SFM 6.1 incorporates more than 25 years of Greyline ultrasonic flow measurement experience.
The SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter works best in applications that would defeat regular contacting flow meters. Because the Sensor is mounted on the outside of the pipe, it is unaffected by abrasive slurries or harsh chemicals. There is no obstruction to flow and no pressure drop.
Easy to Install
Each SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter includes a strap-on ultrasonic sensor, an adjustable stainless steel mounting clamp and sensor coupling compound. The sensor fits on the outside of any pipe diameter ½" (12.7 mm) or larger. It takes just a few minutes to install. There is no need to shut down flow.
- Digital processing system tracks flow signals accurately and auto-zeroes with signal loss
- Noise suppression circuitry filters “dirty” power and electrical interference from most VFD's
- Automatically converts between measurement units (e.g. gallons or liters)
- Calibration data and Totalizer values are stored automatically during power interruptions
- Output “simulation” function simplifies calibration of remote devices (e.g. chart recorders or controllers)
- Self-tunes to Sensor cable length
SLURRY FLOW METER SPECIFICATIONS
SCOPE: This specification covers a non-intrusive, ultrasonic Doppler-type slurry flow meter as manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc., Massena, New York / Long Sault, Ontario. The instrument shall provide for velocity or volumetric indicating and transmitting of the flow rate in a full pipe.
- The flow meter shall operate with a single-head flow sensor mounted externally on any contiguous pipe material that conducts sound including: carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, copper, FRP, PVC, ABS, or cement lined pipe from 1/2" to 180" (12.5 mm to 4.5 m) ID.
- Measure and indicate flow rates from +0.25 to +40 ft/sec and -0.25 to -40 ft/sec (+0.075 to +12.2 m/sec and -0.075 to -12.2 m/sec) with accuracy of ±2% of reading on liquids with entrained particles or gases of 100 microns or larger and minimum concentrations of 75 ppm.
TRANSDUCER (FLOW SENSOR)
- The flow sensor shall be single-head, ultrasonic in a stainless steel housing. It shall be installed on the outside of a pipe without interrupting flow. The sensor shall be capable of continuous operation at temperatures from -40°F to 300°F (-40°C to 150°C), and to withstand accidental submersion pressures to 10 psi. Manufacturer's recommended coupling compound and stainless steel mounting clamp shall be included.
- Shall include 20 ft (6m) Sensor cable, shielded coaxial pair.
- Shall be capable of extending sensor cable up to 500 ft (152m) without requirement for operator adjustment.
- Shall be transformer isolated and designed to meet intrinsic safe requirements. Shall be designed for maximum RFI rejection, and include automatic high voltage bleeds for nearby lightning strikes.
- Sensor shall be rated Non-incendive for Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D locations.
- The transmitter indicator shall be housed in a NEMA4 stainless steel with window and suitable for wall mounting.
- Flow meter electronics shall be designed to operate at temperatures from -5°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C). Electronic circuits are interchangeable with other flow meters having the same model number. The transmitter circuit and calibration frequency standard shall be crystal controlled. The transmitter shall be powered by 100-240VAC 50/60Hz requiring less than 5 Watts.
- The transmitter shall include a built-in 5-Key calibration system with operator selection of parameters through visual prompts from a Menu calibration system. Systems requiring calibration by Parameter codes or external calibrators shall not be accepted.
- The 4-20mA shall be flow proportional and isolated, with programmable zero and full scale offsets. Maximum resistive load shall be 1000 ohms. It shall include automatic high voltage bleeds for nearby lightning strikes.
- Shall include noise suppression circuitry to filter electrical interference.
- Have a white, backlit matrix LCD display indicating flow rate in user-selected engineering units, units of calibration, relay states, signal strength and 16-digit totalizer.
- Have 2 control relays rated 5 ampere SPDT. Relays shall be programmable for flow proportional pulse output, or as flow rate alarms with separate ON/OFF set points.
- Shall display and totalize forward and reverse flow.
- Electronics shall be modular and field replaceable by means of plug-in circuit boards. The instrument shall detect and load software menus automatically for field-installed options.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR INSERTION IN SPECIFICATION AS REQUIRED
- Sensor shall be rated intrinsically safe to Class I, Groups C,D; Class II, Groups E,F,G; Class III with Intrinsic Safety Barriers.
- Sensor cable shall be 50 ft (15m) length shielded coaxial pair.
- Sensor cable shall be 100 ft (30 m) length shielded coaxial pair.
- Have a Sensor Cable Junction Box and up to 500 ft (152m) length total shielded coaxial pair cable installed in conduit for mechanical protection.
- Have a thermostatically controlled AC-powered enclosure heater for condensation protection in locations with temperature below -5°F (-20°C).
- Have power input of 9-32VDC.
- Have a built-in 2 million point Data Logger with USB output to flash drive or mass storage device. Include Windows software.
- The instrument shall be a Model SFM 6.1 Slurry Flow Meter as manufactured by Greyline Instruments Inc., and warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.